Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wow I’m back. I was beginning to think I’d never make it


Hi there everyone. This feels like a home coming. I am so excited to be back and very happy to be here. My apologies to all the lovely people who left comments on my blog and I am sorry I never responded - I will get back to you all! Unfortunately other priorities have demanded my attention and drained my energy this past term. I am an all or nothing kind of girl and so I think that I will always blog in bursts. Perhaps when my three children grow up and leave home I will have more time for regular blogging but for now work, compulsory professional development, children and husband seems to be as much as I can manage!

That said having tuned back into this course I see with some shock it is almost over. Oh my gosh but I guess that make sense since it’s nearly mid term! Anyway, lots of catching up to do so I better get stuck in.

2 comments:

  1. Some day blogging (documenting our work and performance) will be included as compulsory PD and bring with it a pay rise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leigh

    You say that so wistfully….with such sorrow, such longing.

    Just a wee point or two – This course does involve compulsory blogging and it is associated with PD and pay rises and it is the PD I was referring to in my last blog.

    Documenting my work and performance in weekly, monthly or annual reports has always been a part of my work in any job and an aspect which gives me great pleasure and a sense of satisfaction. Not sure though that I’d want to do it on a blog though!

    That said – I have begun to work out that people who write about their good ideas in what ever forum get rewarded while those of us who just get on and do them get dumped with the other ones workload and more often than not they’re off writing up our ideas and taking credit. Ho hum!!!

    A question for you Leigh - Is there a right way and a wrong way to blog. Must one blog in regular 15 minute stints or is it okay to blog for two days solid once every 6 weeks? If there is a wrong way to blog can you please explain how this works in relation to flexible learning?

    Cheers
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to add thoughtful, funny and/or constructive comments.
Cheers
Jenny